Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Vacation Days 3 & 4

So I am homebound early tomorrow morning, so no karaoke tonight.  Its okay though.  Its funny how you can get tired doing nothing lol.

Yesterday I slept in so we got kind of a late start heading to the beach.  My Aunt is at Hills Resort so we go there and play.  Luckily we found a great picnic table next to the sand but under the shade of a tree.  We had a nice lunch at the resort, one of the best French Dips I've had!  After lunch we went back to our table and played cards.  I am incredibly lucky at cards, so even though Mama Debi taught me the game...  I trounced her haha.  When evening came we went to my brothers place.  My sister in law Alicia made an amazing lasagne and fresh corn.  So yummy!  I got to play a little more with Max.  He is so adorable!  When we got there he was helping daddy pick huckleberries and walking about going "pick pick pick".  :0)  I also found 2 four leaf clovers in their yard.  My dad found one too! 

Today the alarm was set so we could head out earlier.  We managed to get the same prime location picnic table for the day.  I decided I wanted a souvenir so I bought a nice plastic water cup, then went to the restaurant and asked for some ice water.  I should've done it days ago.  I had ice water all day!  Today we were smart and brought a picnic lunch.  Debi made an awesome cabbage salad that was delicious.  I need to get her recipe.  Aunt Nadine offered to buy dinner and drinks so we enjoyed the resorts kitchen some more. It was sad saying goodbye to her.  I haven't seen her in 16 years and who knows if I'll get to see her again.  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Jon, Alicia or Max but I hope they know how much I love them all and so enjoyed their hospitality and company!  

I am about to start uploading and editing pics.  I took a ton!  I haven't had a true vacation in forever so this has been a really nice few days.  I did have to call and talk to Liam today though.  I miss that little man already!

No comments:

Post a Comment