Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Daily Prompt ~ C is for Crow

Crow

I have always been a little fascinated with crows.   We have had many dwellings that were near nesting trees and boy can they get loud when you have a flock of 40+ cawing at some poor squirrel or cat that got to close.  I have seen crows take a cat out of tree, and a squirrell almost off a telephone line.  The squirrell was cute, it flipped over and took the rest of the wire, paw after paw  grappling style, but he made it!

My favorite crow story however was a couple of years ago.  I was out for a walk, and at that time I walked many miles weaving in and out of the neighborhoods.  I see a crow a little bit ahead of me, but just standing there.  When I get up to his pathway I made a little comment about how he was the brave and cocky one (as he still hadn't flown off) and continued my walk.  The crow did move, but it flew just a bit ahead of me and then stayed as if waiting.  Even with my twists and turns this crow was 3 steps (so to speak) ahead of me.  After at least a mile of this, I jokingly said to the bird "You're not leading me anywhere, this is the direction I need to go!".  At that moment the darn thing flew away and did not come back the rest of my journey.  It certainly made me wonder what it wanted me to see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment