Thursday, November 14, 2013

Daily Prompt ~ G is for Gerbil

Gerbil

There was a time frame in my adult life that I had pet gerbils.  Carmen and Rosa.  I don't know why I gave them Hispanic names, but it seemed to fit.  First it was just Rosa, but she got lonely and the vet said she needed a friend.  I had to get a Vets. opinion bc she was chewing off her own tail.  Strange but true, gerbils are self mutilators if lonely or stressed.  I had to cauterize her tail in a shot glass of baking soda.  Was sad, but she healed fine.  That's why we got Carmen.  Those girls had quite the setup, trails and treats.  They each even had their own giant ball to chase the cats with.  That was always good for a laugh.  Rosa liked to ride around in my pocket during the day...  I miss those little rodents! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment