Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Collin Matthew Meier

I was proud and privileged to witness the birth of my first grandson Collin Matthew Meier into the world Saturday July 30th at 7:42pm.  He weighed 5lbs 9 oz and is 19 inches long.  He has lots of dirty blonde hair and is just beautifully perfect.

As he was born via c-section, we had quite the waiting game for his arrival.  As we were going up to surgery, the tears finally came, my baby was having a baby... this is real.  Dana and I hugged and cried, and away we went.  I held her hand and talked to her while they got him out.  Again the tears came when we heard his first cry.  I kissed her forehead and called her mama.  I stood up and watched as the nurses cleaned him up, weighed him, bundled him and then passed him to me.  I got to be the first family member to welcome him into my arms.  Its been 14 years since I held a baby and felt that instant unconditional love we feel for our children.  I showed him to Dana, she kissed his forehead and Collin and I went to NICU while they finished up with Dana and she went to recovery.  To be reunited in her room a couple hours later.

1 comment:

  1. so sweet congrats to both of you & enjoy that beautiful little bundle of joy

    ReplyDelete