Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday morning coffee break :)

So I am truly making a conscious effort on my health and making it (obviously) better.

Today I have already fought the treadmill.  I only did 30 min (at highest incline), but I know its not enough.  I have a stretching/toning/weight routine that I need to start doing daily also.  Also I will be doing stairs... but I'll explain more into that in a moment.

Other part of getting healthy is of course eating.  I eat the wrong things, at the wrong times... also lack of fridge space puts some limits on shopping.  But I am finding more ways to work around it.  Today for breakfast (something else I don't normally do, but know its needed lol) I have had an English muffin, an orange and a banana, and honestly don't know if I will be able to finish.  :)

The last step in my new road is smoking.  Being unemployed for so long, ciggerettes are way to expensive even just buying the stuff and making my own.  So.... I found my old E-cig and I think it might work this time.  Last time when I first bought it, I was doing really well.  I still found myself wishing for a "real" ciggerette often, but it was getting easier.  Then I started hanging out with a smoker who kept giving them too me.  The E-cig went in a drawer and was pulled out a few days ago.  Today is the first full day of trying not to smoke. I do have a few left, but that's where the stairs come in.  The old "easy" workout of up one, go down, go up two stairs, go down. go up 3 etc... it's going to suck and really make me think how much do I want that ciggerette.  I have a feeling that stairs will be in my near future though. lol  Another bright-ish area is that I am spending time with a non-smoker so out of respect for him as well.  Tend to get more kisses when dont have smoke on my breath! lol

So those are the big things going on at this precise moment.  The rest of my world is still pretty dark and boring.  More so than even I like to admit...

Music playing.... "Take me on the floor" The Veronicas

No comments:

Post a Comment